Select the name of an Emeritus Faculty to view the contributions the individual made to teaching and Yavapai College.
Welcome to this guide honoring the Emeritus Faculty of Yavapai College. The faculty who are showcased here have been recognized for their excellence in teaching and their extraordinary service to the College.
This was created by the College Archives of the Prescott Campus Boyd Tenney Library and the G.I.F.T. (Great Ideas for Teaching) Center Advisory Committee to celebrate the accomplishments and contributions that these exceptional individuals have made.
A few of the Emeriti were asked to give an “encore” presentation highlighting their work in and out of the classroom. Review the Encore Evening Speakers pages to learn more about these individuals.
Criteria and Benefits of Emeritus Status
Yavapai College has determined that those faculty who have retired after 15 years of teaching and have shown extraordinary service to the College may be nominated for Emeritus Faculty status.
If you have additions or corrections to this page, please contact the College Archives at 928-776-2274 or email@example.com. We are especially looking for :
- Nomination materials of faculty for Emeritus status
- Classes taught by individual Emeritus faculty
- Evidence of their superior teaching at YC
- Their involvement in committee work and special projects
- Photographs of them during their time at YC
- List of written works published, public artwork, music written and performed
The District Governing Board has honored two YC Presidents with President Emeritus status:
- Dr. Joseph Russo
- recognized by the District Governing Board April, 1984
- Dr. James Horton
- recognized by the District Governing Board May, 2011
The YC Foundation has honored volunteers within the Foundation with Emeritus status:
- Jean Phillips
- recognized by the YC Foundation June, 2010